Har Gow Chinese Dim SumFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
- Har Gow Dough: shopping list
- 2 Tbsp. potato starch shopping list
- 1 cup flour shopping list
- 1/4 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup boiling water, plus 3 Tbsp. boiling water shopping list
- 1 tsp. lard shopping list
- `````````````````````````````` shopping list
- Filling: shopping list
- flour for dusting shopping list
- 3/4 cup raw shrimp, peeled and chopped shopping list
- 2 ozs. pork fat, chopped fine shopping list
- 1/4 cup bamboo shoots, chopped shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp. grated fresh ginger shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. sesame oil shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. chopped green onion shopping list
- 1 egg white shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. dry sherry shopping list
- 1 Tbsp. corn starch shopping list
How to make it
- Place all filling ingredients in a bowl and mix well, by hand until the ingredients form a smooth and rather firm stuffing. This will take about 2 minutes.
- Dough: Measure the starch, flour and salt into a small mixing bowl. Quickly pour the boiling water into the flour mixture while stirring rapidly until you get a partially cooked dough. Do not over work the dough.
- Quickly add the lard in little pinches and knead until smooth. When the dough is smooth, after about 2 minutes of kneading, cover it and allow it to rest 15 minutes before shaping. To shape the dumplings, pull just a bit more that 1 tsp. of dough from the ball.
- Keep the remainder of the dough covered.
- Roll the small amount into a ball and place onto a floured surface.
- Roll out into a circle about 3" in diameter.
- Place 1 tsp. of the shrimp filling in the center of the circle of dough and fold over into a half moon. Use a tiny bit of water for sealing the edges. Be sure to gently press out all the air.
- if you wish, you can form little pleats in the dough for added decoration. Steam in an oiled bamboo steaming rack, each section lined with a napa cabbage leaf. Steam for 15-18 minutes.
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating2 people
great recipe will omit shrimp use something else high 5 thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it