Chicken And Cheesy Rice CasseroleFrom sas 5 years ago
- 6 c. cooked chicken thighs (I steam them) cooked til tender. Picked through. shopping list
- 8 c. of your favorite rice shopping list
- Bechamel sauce:Recipe to follow (you need milk, butter, flour,chicken broth) shopping list
- 1 lb. sharp cheddar cheese. shopping list
- 1/2 c. pimento or roasted red pepper. shopping list
- 2 tbs. fresh or dried parsley shopping list
- sea salt, fresh ground pepper shopping list
- Optional: frozen peas, cayenne pepper in the bechamel sauce, red pepper flakes to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Make the bechamel sauce:
- Bechamel sauce, a basic white sauce important in creating many sauces for macaroni dishes and vegetables. 1/4 c. butter 4 tbsp. flour, milk, 1/4 tsp. salt, Dash of cayenne pepper This is approximate; use your head
- Melt the butter in a large sauce pan, add the flour and seasonings. Stir with a wire whisk and bring to a fast boil, stirring constantly to make it smooth. Cook for 2 minutes. Add a little milk at a time but keep it to a dense texture. Add chicken broth to make a satiny sauce stirring vigorously with the wire whisk. Beat until the sauce is thick and creamy.
- Now add the cheese and melt completely stirring constantly
- Makes about 4-5 cups
- Combine everything in a large mixing bowl, pour into a very large casserole dish that has been buttered. Bake at 350 degrees COVERED with foil or whatever for 30 minutes. Remove cover; cook 10-15 minutes.
The Cooksas Farmington, CT
The Rating2 people
*sigh*I've given up -- it's hopeless!
I'm never going to escape your recipes LOL
This is simply the ultimate in comfort food for you I bet. You had quite a family to take care of... my hat is off to you dear!
shine in Rainier loved it
you were making sauce Bechamel at 12? Good for you!shine in Rainier loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!