Pork Chops and Tomato GravyFrom cmmcelro 5 years ago
How to make it
- Brown pork chops on both sides.
- Cut bell pepper into rings, removing seeds
- Cut the onion into rings.
- Place the bell pepper and onion on top of of the pork chops.
- Pour the tomato soup in a 1 qt. or larger bowl.
- Fill the can with water, swirl it around to rinse the inside of the can.
- Stir until smooth.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour over pork chops and vegetables in pan.
- Add enough water to cover everything.
- Bring to a boil and cover.
- Turn down to a slow simmer for 45 minutes to an hour or until pork chops are very tender.
- Check occasionally to see if more water needs to be added.
- The gravy will thicken as it cooks.
- Cook up a big bowl of mashed potatoes. Put a big serving of potatoes and a pork chop on the plate. Pour bell peppers, onions and gravy over the food. Serve with a crisp salad. You may need enough for seconds.