Goat Cheese and Olive-Stuffed Chicken BreastsFrom cherylannxo 6 years ago
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400*. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine goat cheese, olives and pepper in a small bowl with a fork.
- Cut a horizontal slit along the thin, long edge of a chicken breast half, nearly through to the opposite side. Open up each breast and place 1/4 of the filling in the center. Close the breast over the filling, pressing the edges firmly together to seal. Repeat with the remaining chicken and filling.
- Lightly beat egg with a fork in a medium bowl. Place breadcrumbs in a shallow glass dish. hold each chicken breast together then dip in the egg, then dredge in the breadcrumbs. (Discard leftovers).
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken breasts; cook until browned on one side, about 2 minutes. Place the chicken, browned-side up, on the prepared baking sheet. Bake until the chicken is no longer pink in the center or until an instant read thermometer registers 170*, about 20 minutes.
The Cookcherylannxo Santa Nella, CA
The Rating4 people
What a great recipe! Love it. Love olives and goat cheese. Great combination.
p.s. Cheryl, what kind of bread crumbs do you use?rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it
Yes, I do know how hard it is and it's driving me nutty. Now let me think, do I watch the Olympics or make dinner? Hmmmmm looks like I'm going to be multi-tasking lol This "5" fork recipe looks awesome and I know it will be a fave. Thanks so much Che...morelor in Toronto loved it
Haha, you are right about Olympics, I am doing the same things - just looking here during commercials... and your recipe got my attention!elgab89 in Toronto loved it