Easy Red Pasta SauceFrom sas 5 years ago
- * 4 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- * 2 cloves garlic minced shopping list
- * 1/4 cup chopped onion shopping list
- * 2 tablespoons dried parsley shopping list
- * 1 tablespoon dried basil shopping list
- * ground black pepper to taste shopping list
- * 1 (29 ounce) can Italian-style stewed tomatoes, drained shopping list
- * 1/2 tsp crushed red pepper flakes shopping list
- * Box of thin linguine shopping list
How to make it
- 1. In a medium saucepan over low heat, warm oil and saute garlic; heat through until the garlic turns translucent, never let it brown. Add onion and cook over low heat until translucent; 5 to 10 minutes.
- 2. Add parsley, basil and ground black pepper; stir. Add tomatoes and cover; raise heat to medium and bring to a strong simmer. Lower heat and add red pepper flakes. Cover saucepan and cook for 25 to 35 minutes.
- 3. The sauce can be run in the food processor for 2 to 3 seconds to achieve a more uniform sauce or let the sauce cook over medium-low heat uncovered for 10 minutes or until it thickens.
- 4. Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 6 to 8 minutes or until al dente; drain and serve with sauce.
- The pan you cook in has a lot to do with the outcome of most acidic sauces but that’s another story.