Ahi Tuna TartarFrom askfrasco 9 years ago
- 1/2 Sushi Grade Ahi tuna (or substitute salmon, yellowtail, albacore) shopping list
- ginger shopping list
- jalapeno shopping list
- soy sauce shopping list
- wasabi paste ( I like the kind that comes in tubes) shopping list
- Masago (small smelt eggs) shopping list
- chili oil shopping list
- wonton papers shopping list
- I use my tastebuds as my measuring cups, depending on the level of spice you can change it up. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut fish into small chunks
- In a seperate bowl add grated ginger and juice - (I use a juicer, but you can also squeeze the juice through cheese cloth or napkin)
- add soy sauce
- add wasabi paste (Anywhere from the amount you would put on your toothpaste to more -depending on your preference for spice add more)
- diced jalapeno or juice jalapeno - (again start off with a small amount and go from there)
- teaspoon on masago
- Teaspoon of Chili Oil (You can also use sesame oil)
- MIX ALL THESE INGREDIENTS and ADD MORE SPICE or MORE SOY SAUCE if you made it too spicy
- Pour Sauce over tuna til you achieve desired wetness.
- WONTON CRISPS
- Cut wonton papers in half (diagonally)
- fry them up!!
- Place tuna on top of the wonton crisp and there you have it!! Enjoy! If you want to garnish you can use scallions or other greens. Sometimes I add avocado as well. Up to you!