PestoFrom erin1231 7 years ago
How to make it
- Place basil leaves in small batches in food processor and whip until well chopped (do about 3/4 cup at a time).
- Add about 1/3 the nuts and garlic, blend again.
- Add about 1/3 of the Parmesan cheese; blend while slowly adding about 1/3 of the olive oil, stopping to scrape down sides of container.
- Process basil pesto it forms a thick smooth paste.
- Repeat until all ingredients are used, mix all batches together well.
- Serve over pasta. Basil pesto keeps in refrigerator one week, or freeze for a few months.