Cherylanns Special Buttercream IcingFrom cherylannxo 8 years ago
- 6 ozs. hot water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. salt shopping list
- 1 lb., 12 oz. SWEETEX (see NOTE:, below) shopping list
- 4 oz. evaporated milk shopping list
- 2 lb., 8 oz. sifted powered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract, or any flavor desired shopping list
- -----NOTE:----- shopping list
- Sweetex is a high density hydrogenated organic vegetable shortening. It can be found at Bakery Supply Stores. If you want to buy it in small quantities. Or If you are looking for 50 lb. or more, contact: www.intotheoven.com shopping list
- It sells products from all over the world. And has everything a baker could imagine. shopping list
How to make it
- In the bowl of a Kitchenaid mixer, fitted with a wire whisk on medium-low speed, blend together water, sugar and salt until completely dissolved. Add Sweetex steadily, in small amounts. Add milk slowly while mixer is running. Add flavor of your choice. Scrape sides of bowl with a spatula. Increase speed to medium and continue mixing 10 more minutes.
- This is enough Icing to frost, fill and decorate a 2 layer cake.