Tomato PilafFrom chefmeow 8 years ago
- 1-1/2 cups chicken stock shopping list
- 1 medium white onion chopped shopping list
- 1 garlic clove minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 pound tomatoes peeled and seeded shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups long grain rice shopping list
- 1 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup toasted pine nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Heat stock to a slow simmer then chop tomatoes coarsely.
- Gentle sauté onion and garlic in oil over medium low heat until vegetables are soft.
- Add tomatoes and cinnamon then cook over gentle heat 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to mix well then cook 5 minutes and add simmering stock.
- Stir once to mix then cover and cook over low heat until rice is tender and liquid absorbs.
- Remove from heat and let sit for 5 minutes then stir in salt, pepper, basil and nuts.
The Cookchefmeow Garland, TX
The Rating4 people
Fantastic! I love the way the house smells when cooking this!bluewaterandsand in GAFFNEY loved it
I love the use of cinnamon! Another marvelous recipe!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!