Veal PiccataFrom fluffy24 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour shopping list
- Dash of salt shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper shopping list
- 1 tablespoon water shopping list
- 1 large egg white shopping list
- 1/3 cup Italian-seasoned breadcrumbs shopping list
- 4 (2-ounce) veal cutlets shopping list
- 2 teaspoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 cup fat-free, less-sodium chicken broth shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 to 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tablespoon capers, drained and rinsed shopping list
- lemon wedges (optional) shopping list
How to make it
- Combine flour, salt, and pepper in a shallow dish. Combine water and egg white in another shallow dish, stirring with a whisk. Place breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish. Working with 1 cutlet at a time, dredge in flour mixture. Dip floured cutlet in egg white mixture; dredge in breadcrumbs.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add cutlets to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Remove from pan; keep warm.
- Add broth, rind, juice, and capers to pan; simmer 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Pour over cutlets; serve immediately. Garnish with lemon wedges, if desired.
- 2 servings (serving size: 2 cutlets and 3 tablespoons sauce)
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating5 people
sounds great high 5momo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
I am lucky enough to live in a predominant Italian community (great cafes and restaurants) - this is definitely one of my favorite dishes that I eat out - Thank you for posting it here - now I can make it at home :)elgab89 in Toronto loved it
I love the classics...turtle66 in Sacramento loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!