Red Onion Orange SaladFrom annalou 9 years ago
- 6 sweet, ripe medium oranges, peeled shopping list
- 1 small red onion, sliced finely shopping list
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- salt & freshly ground black pepper shopping list
- 1.5 ounces organic raisins shopping list
- 20 black olives, pitted and halved shopping list
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds shopping list
- 2 tablespoons almonds, blanched and sliced thinly shopping list
How to make it
- Boil some water and soak raisins in the hot water for 20 minutes, removing from heat. Drain and set aside.
- Remove the white pith from the oranges and cut the fruit crosswise into 1/4 inch slices.
- Arrange the oranges on a serving platter and scatter over the sliced red onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Drizzle this dressing over the onions and oranges.
- Sprinkle with the raisins, olives, sunflower seeds, and almonds.
- Serve chilled.