Spaghetti and MeatballsFrom wanda52 6 years ago
How to make it
- 1/4 CUP OLIVE OIL
- 1/2 CUP ONION CHOPPED
- 2 CLOVES GARLIC, CRUSHED
- 2 TABLSP SUGAR
- 1 TABLSP SALT
- 1 1/2 TEASPOON BASIL LEAVES
- 1/2 TEASPOON FENNEL SEED
- 1/4 TEASPOON PEPPER
- 1 CAN (2LBS, 3 OZ) iTALIAN STYLE TOMATOES
- 2 CANS (6OZ SZ) TOMATO PASTE
- 1 PKG (1LB) SPAGHETTI
- 1/2 CUP GRATED PARMESAN
- 1.MAKE MEATBALLS; PREHEAT OVEN TO 450 DEGREES f.
- IN MEDIUM BOWL, BEAT EGGS SLIGHTLY.
- Add milk and bread; mix well. Let stand
- 5 minutes. Add chuck, onion, parsley, garlic, salt, pepper; mix until
- well blended. Shape into 24 meatballs, 1 1/2 inches in diameter.
- Place in well- greased
- shallow baking pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, 30 minutes.
- 3. Make Sauce: In 5 quart Dutch oven, in hot oil, over medium heat, saute' onion and
- garlic until golden. Add remainder of sauce ingredients and 1/2 cup water, mashing tomatoes
- with wooden spoon. Bring to boiling. Reduce heat and simmer, covered 1/2 hour. Add
- meatballs and drippings; simmer, covered, 1 hour longer, stirring occasionally.
- 4. Cook spaghetti as package directs., drain.
- 5. To serve: Place spaghetti on serving dish. Top with meat balls and sauce, and sprinkle
- with cheese.
The Cookwanda52 Crab Orchard, KY
The Rating3 people
Wonderful - and so comforting and delicious! I love spaghetti and meatballs and the smell of the sauce simmering on the stove. It makes the whole house smell happy. Thanks so much! :)lunasea in Orlando loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!