Chicken Zucchini and Ricotta SandwichFrom fluffy24 7 years ago
- Medium zucchini, shredded shopping list
- 2 teaspoons salt shopping list
- 1 tablespoon olive oil shopping list
- 1 15-ounce container whole-milk ricotta cheese shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 4 5x4-inch pieces focaccia or ciabatta bread, halved horizontally shopping list
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 4 roasted chicken breasts, skinned, boned, thinly sliced crosswise shopping list
How to make it
- Mix zucchini and salt in medium bowl. Transfer to colander; set over bowl. Let stand 15 minutes to drain liquid from zucchini. Rinse and drain zucchini. Squeeze zucchini to remove liquid. (Can use a potato ricer.)
- Heat oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add zucchini and sauté 2 minutes. Remove pan to a bowl, cool slightly. Add ricotta, Parmesan and lemon peel to zucchini. Stir to blend. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Preheat broiler. Arrange bread pieces cut side up on baking sheet. Broil bread just until lightly toasted. Spread ricotta mixture generously over 8 focaccia pieces. Broil until ricotta mixture is heated through and beginning to brown in spots, about 4 minutes.
- Top 4 bread pieces with tomato slices, then with chicken slices, dividing equally. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cover with remaining 4 bread pieces, ricotta-mixture side down. Cut sandwiches diagonally in half and serve.