Home Made Steak PieFrom louiser50 6 years ago
- 1Kg of chuck steak ( can use any type of meat, but we like chuck) shopping list
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped shopping list
- 1 frozen roll puff pastry (or make your own). Defrost before use. shopping list
- cornflour for thickening. shopping list
- beef stock cube shopping list
- salt and pepper. shopping list
How to make it
- Cut the meat off the bone if necessary or ask your butcher to dice the meat for you.
- Boil up the bones (if any) with a beef stock cube in a little water.
- Lightly fry onions and meat in a pressure cooker pot in a small amount of oil, add carrots and the beef stock and cook under pressure for +- 15 -20 mins.
- When cooked, meat will be very tender and not tough at all.
- Thicken sauce with cornflour and transfer to ovenproof pie dish.
- Allow to cool and roll out pastry, cover pie, decorate, wash with a little milk or beaten egg.
- Bake in a preheated oven 200 degrees C for +- 20 mins until pie is nicely browned.
- Serve with mash potatoe or rice and peas and plenty of meaty gravy!!!