Extreme Coffee Chocolate Mousse CakeFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- Ingredients for the Cake: shopping list
- 7 eggs, separated shopping list
- pinch of salt shopping list
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1/2 cup good quality Dutch cocoa shopping list
- 1/2 cup finely ground hazelnuts or almonds shopping list
- Mousse Ingredients: shopping list
- 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate shopping list
- 1/2 cup brewed coffee shopping list
- 4 eggs, separated shopping list
How to make it
- Finely grind the nuts and set aside.
- Separate the eggs.
- In a cold copper or very clean cold glass bowl, beat the egg whites with the salt until stiff peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, beat the egg yolks until thick and pale yellow in color.
- Add sugar to the egg yolks, beating constantly.
- Add the coca and mix thoroughly.
- Gently fold in the egg whites into the chocolate mixture.
- Pour in to a 9" springform pan and bake at 325°F. oven for 45 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and allow to cool in the pan.
- Cake may fall in center which is okay
- Directions for mousee:
- In a double boiler, melt the chocolate and set aside to cool.
- Brew the coffee and set aside to cool.
- Separate the eggs.
- In a medium size bowl beat the egg whites until peaks form.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the chocolate, coffee, and egg yolks until well incorporated.
- Gently fold in the egg whites, chill in the refrigerator until firm.
- To assemble,
- using a spatula, scoop out the mousse from the bowl and put into the center of the cake.
- Refrigerate the cake until ready to serve. Remove from the pan and slice with a very sharp knife.
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
a fantastic choclate Mousse wow thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Chocolate, coffee, and hazelnuts...Fantastic...:)wynnebaer in Dunnellon loved it
Sounds really delicious. Saved!ahmed1 in Cairo loved it
Chocolate Dreams354 members
Piece Of Cake376 members
Chocoholics Anonymous155 members
Death By Chocolate122 members
Cakes Of Any Type143 members
Cake OLicious60 members
International Baking67 members
Chocolate Finatics25 members
My Passion Is Baking62 members