Phony AbaloneFrom sunniedae 8 years ago
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 7 oz or 10 oz can or bottled clam juice or nectar shopping list
- 2 garlic cloves crushed with a knife and split lengthwise shopping list
- 2 eggs beaten shopping list
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, crushed saltine crackers (my grandma’s preferred way), or all purpose flour shopping list
- ½ cup butter or vegetable oil, or mixture of both shopping list
- 1 lemon cut into wedges shopping list
- Tarter sauce and/or shopping list
- Ketch-Horse Sauce (mix ketchup (4-5 tbsp) with horseradish (1-2 tbsp), add a little s&p, garlic powder, and a couple drops of worcestershire sauce.) shopping list
How to make it
- Place chicken breasts between layers of wax paper or plastic wrap and pound with a meat mallet until about ¼ inch thick.
- Place chicken breasts, garlic, and clam juice in a plastic zip lock bag and refrigerate 8-24 hours, flipping bag every so often.
- Next day drain off marinade.
- Dip chicken in egg, then in crumbs, (if using flour dip in egg, then in flour, in egg again, then in flour again).
- Heat butter and/or oil in cast iron skillet over medium high heat until hot, place chicken in and sauté breasts until lightly browned, no longer pink, and cooked through all the way.
- Serve with lemon wedges (for juice), tarter sauce, and Ketch-Horse sauce.
- Goes great with Cole slaw and biscuits.
The Cooksunniedae Salem, OR
The Rating4 people
great recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
Neato!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
I am forever looking for yet another unique way to fix chicken. This is different and should be delicious for a 5. RJelgourmand in Apia loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!