CRANBERRY SWEET AND SOUR SAUCEFrom linebb956 8 years ago
- 2 red onions, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced shopping list
- 1 small pineapple, peeled, cut into 1-inch dice shopping list
- 2 cups fresh cranberries shopping list
- 1 cup dried cranberries shopping list
- 4 cups naturally brewed rice vinegar shopping list
- kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper shopping list
- Canola or grapeseed oil for cooking shopping list
How to make it
- In a saucepan coated lightly with oil over high heat, saute the onions, ginger and pineapple and season with kosher salt and freshly ground white pepper.
- Add the cranberries and naturally brewed rice vinegar.
- Reduce heat, simmer and reduce by 50 percent.
- Transfer to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Check for flavor and re-season if needed.
- When room temperature, store in an air-tight jar.
- I also use this to baste chicken on the grill. Yummy!
- Keeps well in frig for about a week..