Strawberry Jello CakeFrom elle55 7 years ago
- One yellow cake mix, prepared as stated on box in 9 x 13 pan shopping list
- Ingredients to make cake as prepared on box shopping list
- One large (8 oz) cream cheese, softened shopping list
- 1 1/2 cup powdered sugar shopping list
- 1 tsp vanila shopping list
- Small container of Cool Whip shopping list
- Second container of Cool Whip for topping (opt) shopping list
- One small box Strawberry Jello, Prepared as stated on box shopping list
- Sliced fresh or frozen strawberries, approx 3 cups sliced shopping list
How to make it
- Prepare cake mix as stated on box; let it cool approx 5 minutes. Using a piece of waxed paper or a clean tea towel, smash down cake. This MUST be done while the cake is hot. Let cool.
- In a mixing bowl, combine softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Blend in small container of Cool Whip.
- Spread cream cheese mixture on top of smashed, cooled cake.
- Prepare Jello as stated on box. Pour over cream cheese mixture on top of cake. Let set for a few minutes.
- Slice fresh or frozen strawberries on top of the Jello layer and refrigerate. Top with Cool Whip if desired.