Cheesy Potato SoupFrom kelekat 5 years ago
- 6 - 8 baking size potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks shopping list
- 2 stalks of celery finely chopped shopping list
- 2 carrots finely chopped shopping list
- 1/2 sweet onion finely chopped shopping list
- 5 cloves of garlic minced shopping list
- Enough olive oil to cover bottom of soup pot shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
- fresh rosemary (use your own discretion, I usually drop two "stalks" of rosemary into the pot as the soup is cooking, stalk and all and remove it before serving. shopping list
- 1 quart carton of vegetable broth shopping list
- 1 C water shopping list
- 1/2 C fat free half and half shopping list
- 1 8 ounce round of smoked gouda, shredded shopping list
How to make it
- Heat olive oil.
- Add carrots, celery, onion, and garlic. Saute until onion is translucent, careful not to burn the garlic.
- Add potatoes and stir into veggie mixture.
- Add veggie broth and water, cover and bring to a gentle boil.
- Reduce heat, add rosemary, approximately 1/2 tsp of salt and a tsp of pepper.
- Simmer until potatoes are soft.
- Remove rosemary.
- At this point, I will usually either blend in batches using the chop feature so that the vegetables aren't completely liquidated, or I will use a hand mixer. The consistency should be thick and soupy, but the vegetables should not be totally destroyed.
- Add half and half and reheat to simmering.
- Add gouda and stir until blended.
- Taste soup and adjust salt and pepper to taste.
The Cookkelekat Laramie, WY
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!