Dark Chocolate CupcakesFrom fluffy24 6 years ago
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter , cut into 4 pieces shopping list
- 2 ounces bittersweet chocolate , chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup Dutch-processed cocoa (1 1/2 ounces) shopping list
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour (3 3/4 ounces) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder shopping list
- 2 large eggs shopping list
- 3/4 cup sugar (5 1/4 ounces) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt shopping list
- 1/2 cup sour cream (4 ounces) shopping list
How to make it
- Adjust oven rack to lower-middle position; heat oven to 350 degrees. Line standard-sized muffin pan (cups have 1/2-cup capacity) with baking-cup liners.
- Combine butter, chocolate, and cocoa in medium heatproof bowl. Set bowl over saucepan containing barely simmering water; heat mixture until butter and chocolate are melted and whisk until smooth and combined. Set aside to cool until just warm to the touch.
- Whisk flour, baking soda, and baking powder in small bowl to combine.
- Whisk eggs in second medium bowl to combine; add sugar, vanilla, and salt and whisk until fully incorporated. Add cooled chocolate mixture and whisk until combined. Sift about one-third of flour mixture over chocolate mixture and whisk until combined; whisk in sour cream until combined, then sift remaining flour mixture over and whisk until batter is homogenous and thick.
- Divide batter evenly among muffin pan cups. Bake until skewer inserted into center of cupcakes comes out clean, 18 to 20 minutes.
- Cool cupcakes in muffin pan on wire rack until cool enough to handle, about 15 minutes. Carefully lift each cupcake from muffin pan and set on wire rack. Cool to room temperature before icing, about 30 minutes. (To frost: Mound about 2 tablespoons icing on center of each cupcake. Using small icing spatula or butter knife, spread icing to edge of cupcake, leaving slight mound in center.)
The Cookfluffy24 Cranston, RI
The Rating4 people
My hubby loves dark chocolate - this is a great recipe to surprise him with. Thank you for posting it!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
love this one thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
That sounds really good, thanks for the great post. You have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!