Squared Coconut PieFrom jo_jo_ba 5 years ago
- 1 3/4 cups shredded sweetened coconut shopping list
- 1/4 cup salted butter, softened shopping list
- 2 tbsp flour (use rice or tapioca flour to keep this GF) shopping list
- 3 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder shopping list
- 1 (4-serving size) package instant coconut cream pudding mix shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk, cold shopping list
- 1/2 tsp rum extract (optional) shopping list
- 1/2 cup cold water shopping list
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract shopping list
- 1 package Dream whip topping mix (unprepared) shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Using a food processor, combine coconut, butter, flour and cocoa to make a "mouldable", slightly sticky dough.
- Press into a greased pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes, then place in freezer to chill completely.
- Meanwhile, beat together pudding mix and milk, and add extract if using.
- In another bowl, whip cold water, coconut extract and Dream Whip powder for 2 minutes until "stiff peaks" form.
- Fold Dream Whip into the pudding mixture gently but thoroughly.
- Spread pudding mixture in chilled crust, refrigerate a minimum of 3 hours to set before serving.
- **Note: you will have about 1 1/3 cups of the filling left over if you made a traditional 9" pie. Either make another pie, eat it right out of the bowl, or (my favourite) put the filling into ramekins and freeze them for chilly coconut mousses!**
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating9 people
Thank-you for sharing this Delicious, easy recipe for Coconut Cream Pie! And by the way, I love using
'salted-Butter' in my recipes! its the
'way-to-go'!...this recipe is a "5"FORK!!!!!
~ * ~ mjcmcook ~ * ~mjcmcook in Beach City loved it
Even though I can't eat coconut myself I know of some dear friends and family members who would thoroughly enjoy this pie. Thanks so much for sharing with all of us.lor in Toronto loved it
I actually think I could do this, I am not much of a baker so this seems easy!!! YUMmango in Marion loved it