Creamed Carrots and PeasFrom icu812 5 years ago
- 2 TBS butter shopping list
- 2 TBS flour shopping list
- 1 shallot minced shopping list
- 1 Cup Half and Half (warmed up) shopping list
- 1/2 Package Frozed Sweat Early peas shopping list
- 1/2 Package of Frozen diced carrots shopping list
- 1/2 tsp. Fresh grated nutmeg shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- First thing, warm up your half and half - your choice, on the stove or in the microwave. As long as its hot, I don't care. :)
- Defrost the frozen veggies in the microwave, do not cook all the way through.
- Melt the butter in a hot, medium sized skillet, add in your shallot and cook until softened.
- Add in the flour and make yourself a roux.
- Now add in the heated half and half stir with a whisk to get rid of any lumps you may have. Increase the heat and when it boils, back down the heat to a low simmer. The sauce will thicken this way.
- Drain your defrosted veggies in a collander and add them into the sauce along with the seasonings.
- Serve in a large pre-heated bowl and enjoy with the family!
The Cookicu812 South Bend, IN
The Rating4 people
Yeppers works for this country cook!! SIMPLY
delicious!! Thanks and five 'ers!! :)
ummmmm..chicken and mashed 'taters with this!lanacountry in Macon loved it
Oh yessssss ;) I make creamed carrots this way for Thanksgiving and Christmas and whatever other occasion comes along. I have never added peas to them though and now I have a new way to prepare this dish. Thank you for posting this excellent "5" fork...morelor in Toronto loved it
Love it, love it, love it! ~Laura ;Dlaurakaay in Oroville loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!