Salmon and Macaroni CasseroleFrom icu812 5 years ago
- 2 Cups of elbow macaroni shopping list
- 2 TBS butter shopping list
- 3 TBS flour shopping list
- 1 16oz can of red salmon shopping list
- Half and half shopping list
- 1/4 Cup seasoned bread crumbs shopping list
- 1/2 Cup grated cheese (I use a combo, colby-jack & cheddar) shopping list
- salt and pepper to taste shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat your oven to 375.
- Cook the macaroni until its almost done, drain it and rinse it with hot water.
- While its almost cooking, melt the butter and blend in the flour to make a roux.
- Drain the salmon liquid into a two cup measuring cup plus enough half and half to bring it up to 1-1/2 cups of liquid.
- Add in the liquid to the butter and flour and whisk until its smooth, raise the heat until it boils and thickens and then turn the heat back down.
- Add the salt and pepper and the macaroni.
- Grease a cassarole dish and layer in the macaroni mixture and the salmon. (make sure to get the skin and the bones out of it first!)
- Start your layers with macaroni and end your layers with macaroni.
- Mix the bread crumbs with the cheese and top the whole thing off with them.
- Bake at 375 for 30 minutes and serve.
The Cookicu812 South Bend, IN
- Not added to any groups yet!