Sour Cream Rice PilafFrom marky90 6 years ago
- 1/2 Cup slivered almonds shopping list
- 1 Tbs butter shopping list
- 1 1/2 Cups long grain rice, uncooked. shopping list
- 2 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1/3 Cup butter shopping list
- 2 Tbs grated onion shopping list
- 1 tbs fresh lemon juice shopping list
- 1 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 tsp pepper shopping list
- 1 small bay leaf shopping list
- 1 cup sour cream shopping list
- 4 oz can button mushrooms, drained shopping list
- 1 Cup peas (optional) shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Saute' the almonds in 1 Tbs butter in a small skillet until lightly browned, remove from heat and set aside.
- Combine the rice, chicken broth,butter,onion,lemon juice, salt ,pepper and bay leaf in a large saucepan. Bring mixture to boil; cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 to 25 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid absorbed. Do not lift lid ! Remove from heat. Remove and discard the bay leaf.
- Add the sour cream and mushrooms to rice mixture;stir well.
- Transfer to serving dish and sprinkle with almonds and fresh parsley.
- Serve immediately! Enjoy
The Cookmarky90 Dearborn, MI
The Rating2 people
- Not added to any groups yet!