Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip SconesFrom magali777 5 years ago
- 2 cups all purpose flour shopping list
- 1 cup whole wheat flour shopping list
- 1 tbsp paking powder shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/4 cup sugar shopping list
- 10 tbsp butter, cold and cut into 10 pieces shopping list
- 4 tbsp natural peanut butter shopping list
- 1 1/8 cup milk (1 c + 2 tbsp) shopping list
- 1 tsp vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup mini chocolate chips shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Pulse to combine. Add butter and peanut butter and pulse a few times, until mixture resembles very large, coarse crumbs. Add mini chocolate chips.
- Combine milk and vanilla extract. With the motor of the food processor running, pour in milk. Stop when the dough starts to come together into a ball. Try not to fun the food processor any more than necessary.
- Divide dough into three or four pieces and pat each piece into a circle on a lightly floured surface. Cut each circle of dough into 4 or 5 pieces, to make 16 triangular scones. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 16-20 minutes at 400F, until light golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container if not eating right away.
- The scones are best within two days of baking.
- Notes: Make sure not to add too much milk otherwise the dough will be too wet. When mixing the dough in the food processor, stop it periodically to make sure that everything is mixing properly (I found that the dough was gooey on the bottom and crumbly on top if I didn't stick a spatula in there and mix things up).
The Cookmagali777 Mexico, MX
The Rating9 people
I love scones and these sound scrumptious.And you can post again!!!! YAY!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Yippee! And it's a peanut butter recipe too!!!jett2whit in Union City loved it
Love peanut butter and chocolate chips! So good, Magali!rosemaryblue in CollegeTown loved it