Sunnies Grilled Smoked Mozzarella SandwichFrom sunniedae 8 years ago
- 4-8 slices Sourdough or some kind of rustic bread (preferably one with a chewy texture like Portland French Bakery’s City Sour-Wheat Vienna) shopping list
- 1 container pesto or use homemade shopping list
- 1 red onion sliced thin and sautéed until soft and sweet about 15 minutes over medium heat with a bit of olive oil and S&P (get almost caramelized). shopping list
- 1 tomato sliced thin (preferably heirloom or home grown) shopping list
- 1 pack or ball smoked mozzarella sliced medium thin shopping list
- 3-5 fresh basil leaves per sandwich shopping list
- 1 stick real butter at room temp. shopping list
How to make it
- While onions cook, butter one side of bread and using a rubber spatula spread a bit of pesto on other side of bread (I lay the bread butter side down on a sheet of foil or wax paper for preparation).
- On half of the slices of bread layer smoked mozzarella cheese, tomato slices (I sprinkle the tomato with fresh cracked pepper and sea salt), some grilled onions, some basil, and more cheese. (You can julienne the basil if you want.)
- Preheat skillet, griddle, or Panini press over medium heat until hot. (I have a griddle that folds in half for easy storage, but I cook with it folded in half for grilled cheese and quesadillas it works great.)
- Carefully lay the slice of bread with filling in pan and top with other slice of bread butter side up.
- Grill until golden brown, then flip and grill other side until golden brown (Can press down a bit on sandwich to make more like a Panini).
- Slice in half and serve with tomato basil soup.
People Who Like This Dish 7
The Cooksunniedae Salem, OR
The Rating6 people
Great sandwich...loads of flavor!greekgirrrl in Huntington Village loved it
Love this sandwich and can't wait to try it.laadeedaa in loved it
omg!!!!! i love this one!!!!!! thank you great post..............minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!