Chicken Stuffed Green PeppersFrom 22566 5 years ago
- 4 Large sweet green pepper(if the peppers have 4 feet(or) knobs on the bottom then they tend to be a little sweeter then the three) shopping list
- 1/4 Cups onion,chopped shopping list
- 1 clove Garlic,minced shopping list
- 2 Tablespoon butter shopping list
- 3-1/2 Cups cooked chicken,diced(I like to roast the chicken in the oven,for a richer broth) shopping list
- 2 Cups chicken broth shopping list
- 1 package Long Grain Brown and wild rice Blend(6oz) shopping list
- 1/3 Cup celery,sliced shopping list
- 1/4 Cup carrot,finely chopped shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon basil,dried shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon thyme,dried shopping list
- 1 Can (14-1/2oz) tomatoes,diced,and undrained shopping list
- 1 Cup fresh mushrooms,chopped shopping list
- 1/2 Cup zucchini,chopped shopping list
- 1/4 parmesan cheese,grated shopping list
How to make it
- Cut tops of peppers,seed,place in large pan,cook in boiling water for about 3 minutes,drain,rinse in cold water to stop the cooking of pepper.
- In pan,cook onion,and garlic in butter until tender.
- Add chicken,broth,rice with the contents of the seasoning packet,celery,carrot,basil and thyme,bring to a boil,reduce heat,cover and simmer for about 25 minutes or until the rice is tender.
- Remove from heat,stir in tomatoes,mushrooms and zucchini,spoon all into peppers,place in a greased 2qt. baking dish,spoon the remaining rice mixture around the peppers.
- Cover and bake in a 350 degree oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the peppers are tender and filling is heated through.
- Uncover and sprinkle with the Parmesan Cheese,bake 5 minutes longer.