Cold Avocado SoupFrom chihuahua 6 years ago
- 2 C. chopped ripe Avocado (3 or 4 small avocados) shopping list
- 3 C. milk, preferably Whole shopping list
- kosher salt to taste shopping list
- cayenne pepper to taste shopping list
- 2 Tbls. freshly squeezed lime juice, or to taste shopping list
- A handful or more of small cooked shrimp shopping list
- Chopped fresh cilantro or parsley leaves shopping list
How to make it
- Put chopped avocado in a blender or food processor.
- Add half the milk, a large pinch of salt and a small pinch of cayenne; process to a puree.
- Add remaining milk and puree.
- Chill for up to six hours if you have the time. (Press a piece of plastic wrap to surface of soup so it does not discolor.)
- Be sure and chill soup bowls in freezer before serving.
- Add lime juice, taste, and adjust seasoning, if necessary.
- Garnish with shrimp and parsley or cilantro and serve.
The Cookchihuahua Sonoma County, USA
The Rating3 people
Um um ummmm! Love em avocados! Will definitely try this. Thanks for posting :)danadooley in Singapore loved it
Oh my gosh this looks good. I have never tried or even thought of trying avocado soup and this will be a first for me. This is great and I am so happy that you posted it on the group. Thanks Chichi and you've got my 5 forks ;)chacha in New York loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!