Split Pea Soup with HamFrom uncoolmom 8 years ago
- 1 lb dry green split peas shopping list
- 2 qts water shopping list
- 1 good meaty ham bone (or I buy the diced ham in the meat section) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cover dried peas with water. Bring to gentle boil for 2 minutes. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Add ham bone (if using diced ham from meat section, add meat during next step), onion, garlic powder, thyme and peper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer on low for 2 hours. stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat from bone, dice and return to soup with celery and carrot. Simmer on low for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt as needed.
The Cookuncoolmom Atlanta, GA
The Rating4 people
Love this soup, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
The best that I have found better than my moms was thanks for the great post got my 5er.
Have a great day!!!!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!