Split Pea Soup with HamFrom uncoolmom 6 years ago
- 1 lb dry green split peas shopping list
- 2 qts water shopping list
- 1 good meaty ham bone (or I buy the diced ham in the meat section) shopping list
- 1 cup chopped onion shopping list
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder shopping list
- 1/4 tsp thyme, crushed shopping list
- 1 cup chopped celery shopping list
- 1 cup chopped carrot shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt, or to taste shopping list
How to make it
- In a large saucepan or Dutch oven, cover dried peas with water. Bring to gentle boil for 2 minutes. Set aside for 1 hour.
- Add ham bone (if using diced ham from meat section, add meat during next step), onion, garlic powder, thyme and peper. Bring to a boil, cover and reduce heat. Simmer on low for 2 hours. stirring occasionally.
- Remove meat from bone, dice and return to soup with celery and carrot. Simmer on low for 45 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add salt as needed.
People Who Like This Dish 8
The Cookuncoolmom Atlanta, GA
The Rating4 people
Love this soup, you have my 5henrie in Savannah loved it
The best that I have found better than my moms was thanks for the great post got my 5er.
Have a great day!!!!!!
Queensilverqueen in Albany loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!