Chicken Breasts in Sherried Tomato CreamFrom mamalou 7 years ago
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- 1/8 tsp white pepper shopping list
- 1/8 tsp ground nutmeg shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves shopping list
- 1 1/2 TBS butter or margarine shopping list
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion shopping list
- 1/3 lb. mushrooms, sliced (I used 8 oz.) shopping list
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley shopping list
- 1/4 tsp dried basil shopping list
- 1/3 cup dry sherry (not cream sherry) shopping list
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 1 tomato, seeded and diced shopping list
- 1/2 cup heavy cream shopping list
How to make it
- In a small bowl, combine salt, pepper, and nutmeg. Sprinkle over chicken breasts, both sides.
- In a large skillet, melt butter; add chicken and brown on both sides. Place onions and mushrooms around the sides of the skillet. Sprinkle chicken evenly with parsley and basil. Pour in sherry, bring to boil. Cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until chicken is done. Transfer chicken to serving platter, keep warm.
- Stir mustard in skillet; add tomato and cream. Bring to boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Pour sauce over chicken. Enjoy!
The Cookmamalou Attleboro, MA
The Rating4 people
it sounds delicious mamalou yummmmmmmmm big 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This is great! got my 5.
Thank you for the posting.
Tilgidhtilgidh in Blackshear loved it