Chicken on a Bed of Sauteed Leeks and Sweet PotatoesFrom chefelaine 6 years ago
- 2 tbsp olive oil shopping list
- 2 tsp chopped fresh thyme shopping list
- 2 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 2 tsp grated lemon rind shopping list
- 2 tsp paprika shopping list
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes shopping list
- 2 leeks, white and light green part only, sliced shopping list
- 1 cup chicken stock shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Combine 1 tbsp olive oil, thyme, mustard, lemon rind and paprika.
- Reserve 1 tbsp of mixture, and brush the rest over chicken breasts.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium heat.
- Add chicken breasts and cook 2 minutes per side or until browned.
- Remove from skillet and toss in sweet potatoes.
- Saute for 1 minute, add leeks and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add stock, reserved mustard mixture and balsamic vinegar and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat, return chicken breasts and place over vegetables.
- Cover skillet.
- Place in oven and bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken juices run clear. Slice chicken breasts and serve over vegetables. Drizzle over with remainig pan liquid.