Asian Chicken Noodle SoupFrom chefelaine 7 years ago
- broth shopping list
- 2 boneless chicken breasts shopping list
- 2 tbsp peanut or canola oil, divided shopping list
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, sliced shopping list
- 2 large garlic cloves, crushed but intact shopping list
- 1 onion, thickly sliced shopping list
- 2 quarts chicken stock or broth shopping list
- 1/2 tsp crushed chili flakes shopping list
- 1 stick lemon grass (French Sorrel), crushed at white end shopping list
- 2 tbsp fish sauce shopping list
- ------------------------------------ shopping list
- Soup shopping list
- One 14 oz pkg fresh udon noodles shopping list
- 1 1/4tsp dark sesame oil shopping list
- 1 lime shopping list
- 6-inch piece white radish or 4 large red radishes, julienned shopping list
- 1 carrot, julienned shopping list
- 4 cups baby spinach leaves shopping list
- 1 cup sliced snow peas or frozen peas shopping list
- 1/4 cup each of coarsely chopped fresh mint and Thai or regular fresh basil shopping list
- 1 small hot pepper, seeded and very finely minced shopping list
- 1 to 2 green onions, very thinly sliced shopping list
How to make it
- To make broth, remove any clinging fat from chicken.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a large pot over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken; sauté 7 to 8 minutes per side or until golden.
- Remove; cool chicken on a plate.
- Reduce heat to medium.
- Add another tbsp oil to the pot; sauté ginger, garlic and onion for 5 minutes or until somewhat browned and very fragrant.
- Pour stock over ginger and onion; add chili flakes and lemon grass.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cover; simmer 20 minutes.
- Cool; strain through a sieve, discarding solids.
- Stir in fish sauce.
- [ If serving later, cover and refrigerate for up to 3 days or better...freeze.]
- For soup, loosen noodles into a heatproof bowl.
- Cover with boiling water; soak 2 to 3 minutes.
- Drain; toss with sesame oil.
- Thinly slice chicken breasts; cut lime into wedges.
- Heat broth until boiling; add radishes, carrot, spinach, peas and herbs.
- Choose a deep wide bowl for each portion of soup.
- Warm bowls in oven or with hot water.
- Put a small amount of hot pepper in each bowl; top with some of chicken and noodles.
- Pour over piping hot vegetables and broth; sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately
- Pass remaining hot pepper, lime wedges and additional fish sauce to add to personal taste.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating9 people
we love chicken noodle soup. this sure is a nice variation! 5
Pete and Candydagnabbit in Barrie loved it
I always like this kind of soupbizzielizzie in Orillia loved it
How much of the green part of the lemon grass do I use? This recipe looks great L.lasaf in St. Paul loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!