Baked Chicken and MushroomsFrom chefelaine 8 years ago
- ¼ cup olive oil shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1 tsp chopped garlic shopping list
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage leaves shopping list
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard shopping list
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts, about 2 lbs shopping list
- 4 portobello mushrooms, stems removed shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 bunch watercress stems trimmed shopping list
- 2 tsp lemon juice shopping list
- 2 tbsp chopped mint shopping list
How to make it
- Combine oil, vinegar, garlic, sage leaves and mustard in a large bowl.
- Add chicken and mushrooms and toss to coat.
- Marinate for 30 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Thickly slice mushrooms and reassemble in an oven proof casserole.
- Lay 1 chicken breast on top of each sliced mushroom and scrape any remaining marinade onto chicken.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until chicken juices are clear.
- Remove from oven and slice chicken breasts into thick slices.
- Place watercress on a serving dish.
- Top with mushrooms and sliced chicken.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice, mint and any pan juices.
- If you prefer to, you can also grill this recipe instead of baking in the oven.
The Cookchefelaine Muskoka, CANA
The Rating36 people
love chicken and love mushrooms. 5
Petedagnabbit in Barrie loved it
Fabulous Recipe...High 5chef_irish in Gainesville loved it
I love this recipe Elaine but I have to omit the Balsamic vinegar and the Dijon mustard. Any suggestions. I wonder if I could use a raspberry vinaigrette instead??? What do you think? I love the recipe and it's for sure a HIGH 5!!!lor in Toronto loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!