French Dip PaniniFrom hsfargis 8 years ago
- 2 tablespoons butter shopping list
- 1 shallot, minced shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 2 cups beef broth shopping list
- salt and pepper shopping list
- 1/2 pound good quality sliced roast beef shopping list
- 1 baguette, cut into four portions and sliced open shopping list
- 1/4 lb sliced swiss cheese shopping list
How to make it
- Melt the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in the minced shallot and cook, stirring frequently, until softened and translucent (this takes about 2 minutes). Stir in the cornstarch and cook for an additional minute.
- Add the beef broth, stirring vigorously until well blended with the cornstarch mixture (Rachael said to use a whisk, but both of mine were in the dishwasher. This method worked fine). Taste the sauce and add salt and pepper as necessary.
- Separate the slices of roast beef and add to the sauce. Cook over low heat until the slices are warmed.
- Preheat your grill or griddle pan on the stove over medium heat (don't forget to heat the panini press too). You should do this for at least 10 minutes before using it.
- Divide the cheese and roast beef evenly among the baguettes. Reserve the sauce.
- Place the sandwiches on the preheated pan and press down with the panini press. Cook for two minutes on each side.
- Serve the panini with a bowl of the reserved sauce and enjoy!