Caramelized Onion And White Bean FlatbreadFrom midgelet 6 years ago
- . shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 each large onion, thinly sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 20 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, thawed if frozen (see Ingredient notes) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 each plum tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup finely shredded smoked Gouda or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F.
- Coat a large noninsulated baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oil, onion and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft and golden, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- . Meanwhile, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to the size of the baking sheet.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir oregano and pepper into the onion.
- Transfer half the onion to a small bowl.
- Add beans to the remaining onion; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a food processor, add water and vinegar and pulse until a coarse paste forms.
- Spread the bean paste over the pizza crust.
- Top with the reserved onion, tomatoes, cheese and pepitas, if using.
- Bake on the bottom rack until the crust is cooked and browned
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
This sounds fantastic and is definitely worthy of a high 5. Greatness.chefmeow in Garland loved it
wow i love this midge great post my friend .high 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
love the ingredients in this and the whole wheat dough thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it