Caramelized Onion And White Bean FlatbreadFrom midgelet 8 years ago
- . shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 each large onion, thinly sliced lengthwise shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 20 ounces prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, thawed if frozen (see Ingredient notes) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper shopping list
- 1 15-ounce can white beans, rinsed shopping list
- 3 tablespoons water shopping list
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar shopping list
- 2 each plum tomatoes, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1 cup finely shredded smoked Gouda or cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts shopping list
How to make it
- Place oven rack in the lowest position; preheat to 450°F.
- Coat a large noninsulated baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine oil, onion and salt in a medium saucepan.
- Cover and cook over medium-high heat, stirring often, until the onion is softened, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, uncover and cook, stirring occasionally, until very soft and golden, 5 to 8 minutes more.
- . Meanwhile, roll out dough on a lightly floured surface to the size of the baking sheet.
- Transfer to the baking sheet.
- Bake until puffed and lightly crisped on the bottom, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir oregano and pepper into the onion.
- Transfer half the onion to a small bowl.
- Add beans to the remaining onion; cook over medium heat, stirring often, until heated through, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Transfer the bean mixture to a food processor, add water and vinegar and pulse until a coarse paste forms.
- Spread the bean paste over the pizza crust.
- Top with the reserved onion, tomatoes, cheese and pepitas, if using.
- Bake on the bottom rack until the crust is cooked and browned
The Cookmidgelet Eastern, USA
The Rating4 people
love the ingredients in this and the whole wheat dough thanks bunchesmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
wow i love this midge great post my friend .high 5minitindel in THE HEART OF THE WINE COUNTRY loved it
This sounds fantastic and is definitely worthy of a high 5. Greatness.chefmeow in Garland loved it