Lemon Meringue PieFrom mountainmama 7 years ago
- Single crust: pie crust shopping list
- MERINGUE : shopping list
- 1/2 cup sugar, divided shopping list
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch shopping list
- 1/2 cup water shopping list
- 3 large egg whites shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- FILLING: shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups sugar shopping list
- 6 tablespoons cornstarch shopping list
- 1/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups water shopping list
- 3 large egg yolks, beaten shopping list
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine shopping list
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel shopping list
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- 1.HEAT oven to 425°F. Prepare single pie crust according to recipe directions, using a 9-inch pie plate. Thoroughly prick bottom and sides with fork to prevent shrinking.
- 2.BAKE 16 to 20 minutes or until edges and bottom are golden brown.
- MERINGUE - STEP 1:
- 1.COMBINE 2 tablespoons sugar, cornstarch and water in small saucepan. Stir until cornstarch dissolves. Cook and stir on medium heat until mixture is clear. Cool while preparing filling. Heat oven to 350°F.
- 1. COMBINE sugar, cornstarch and salt in medium saucepan. Gradually add water, stirring constantly. Cook and stir on medium heat until mixture comes to a boil. Cook and stir constantly 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- 2. ADD about one third of hot mixture slowly to egg yolks. Mix well. Return mixture to saucepan. Bring to a boil on medium heat. Cook and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in butter and lemon peel. Add lemon juice slowly. Mix well. Spoon into baked pie crust.
- MERINGUE - STEP 2:
- 1. BEAT egg whites and vanilla in small bowl of electric mixer at high speed until soft peaks form. Beat in remaining 6 tablespoons sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time. Beat well after each addition.
- 2. ADD cooled cornstarch mixture gradually and continue beating until stiff peaks form. Spread over lemon filling, covering completely and sealing to edge of crust.
- 3. BAKE 15 to 20 minutes or until meringue is golden. Cool. Refrigerate.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating7 people
Thanks I have it bookmarked and you have my 5. I love lemon recipes. Also printed it out.blueeyes68ky in Owenton loved it
love lemon pie great tastey recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!