Habanero Green ChileFrom mtrevino57 9 years ago
- 2 whole fresh Anaheim chiles (char grill, peel, remove seeds and mince) shopping list
- 2 whole poblano chiles (seeded and peeled) shopping list
- 2 tablespoons olive oil shopping list
- 1 1/2 cups diced yellow onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic (minced) shopping list
- 2 jalapeno chiles (minced) shopping list
- 1 teaspoon oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon cumin shopping list
- 2 cans chicken broth shopping list
- 2 cans beef broth shopping list
- 1 large boiled potato (diced small) shopping list
- 3 cups cooked diced chicken or pork (I use a pressure cooker to cook chicken cuz it makes it nice and tender!) shopping list
- 1/4 cup cilantro (loosely packed - large stems removed) shopping list
- 1 large can S&W ready cut diced tomatoes and jalapenos with Mexican seasonings shopping list
- 1/2 cup red cooking wine shopping list
- 1 small habanero hot pepper (minced) shopping list
How to make it
- 1. Char grill anaheims, peel and remove seeds. Set aside
- 2. Puree in blender with a small amount of chicken broth 1/2 of grilled anaheim chiles, 1/2 poblano chiles, cilantro and potato. Set aside.
- 3. In large skillet, heat olive oil and saute onions, garlic, jalapeno chiles, cumin and oregano for several minutes until onions are translucent.
- 4. Add chicken and beef broth and bring to simmer.
- 5. Transfer to crock pot.
- 6. Add the other 1/2 of grilled anaheim chiles and poblano chiles, habanero pepper, can of S&W diced tomatoes, diced chicken (or pork) and wine.
- 7. Add the pureed mixture to crock pot.
- 8. Season with salt.
- 9. If necessary to thicken - in a small bowl use 1/4 c. flour and liquid mixture already in the crock pot. Return to crock pot to thicken.
- If you want it hotter - add more habanero peppers!
The Cookmtrevino57 Austin, TX
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!