Easy Coconut Almond CandyFrom peetabear 5 years ago
How to make it
- in a large sauce pan, combine coconut, corn syrup, sugar, and salt.
- cook over medium heat stirring constantly....for 5 - 6 minutes or until the candy thickens and coconut is lightly brown
- in small bowl... whisk egg white until foamy
- add coconut mixture to the egg white a little at a time and then add to the rest of the coconut mixture..
- stirring constantly cook for 5 - 6 minutes longer or until mixture becomes stiff and very sticky
- remove from heat and add the coconut extract
- cool to room temperature
- dip fingers into cold water and shape candy into 1-inch balls
- place on waxed paper and press 1 almond on top of each
- refrigerate for one hour or until firm
- melt the chocolate bark in a small saucepan..
- dip candy into the chocolate and return to the waxed paper
- cool completely
- store at room temperature...
- makes approx. 24