Tea and Sympathy Oven BBQ St Louis RibsFrom merlin 6 years ago
- 2 slabs St. Louis style ribs, outer membrane removed, cut in 2 pieces. shopping list
- Rub. shopping list
- 3 T. brown sugar shopping list
- 1 ½ T. chili powder shopping list
- ½ t. cayenne shopping list
- 4 T. hot & sweet mustard shopping list
- 4 T. ketchup shopping list
- 1 t. hickory flavored salt shopping list
- 10 Lapsang Souchong tea bags shopping list
- ½ c. dark beer, or apple juice shopping list
How to make it
- Rub ribs with dry ingredients and then cover with ketchup and mustard. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 12-24 hours.
- Preheat oven to 500 degrees for 45 minutes. Use oven stone for additional heat. Freeze ribs for 45 minutes.
- Use roasting pan with rack. Place the contents of 10 Lapsang Souchong teabags to bottom. Roast tightly covered with heavy duty aluminum wrap for 30 minutes.
- Bring heat down to 250 degrees. Add ½ cup apple juice or dark beer to bottom of pan and recover ribs tightly. Roast for 1 ½ hours until ribs are soft.
- Broil ribs uncovered 5-8 minutes per side to crisp.
- Serve plain or with barbecue sauce.
The Cookmerlin San Francisco, CA
The Rating4 people
OMG!!! This sound awesome will try your recipe and I think I will use your rub and other ingredients in my smoker. Thanks for a great post. You got my 5chefwithtaste in Lees Summit loved it
Very nice recipe, I love tea smoked foods.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
great rib recipe thanksmomo_55grandma in Mountianview loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!