Kahlua Oreo Ice Cream PieFrom laurakaay 6 years ago
- 9 oz Oreo cookies shopping list
- 1/2 c unsalted butter, melted shopping list
- 10 tb Kahlua, divided shopping list
- 1 t Instant expresso powder shopping list
- 3 oz Semi-sweet, baker's chocolate, choped shopping list
- 1 tb unsalted butter shopping list
- 1 pt ice cream -- chocolate chip shopping list
- 1 pt chocolate ice cream shopping list
- 3/4 c whipping cream, whipped shopping list
How to make it
- Pre-heat oven to 325F.
- In food processor, place half of the cookies, breaking them into pieces. Process them to make fine crumbs. Repeat this process with the remaining cookies.
- Add 1/2 cup melted butter to the cookies and process with on-off pulses, just to blend.
- Press the cookie crumbs evenly onto bottom and up side of 9" pie plate evenly to the rim. Bake at 325~ for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In small saucepan, heat 6 tbls Kahlua and instant expresso powder over low heat until warmed and the powder is dissolved.
- Stir in the baker's chocolate and 1 tbls butter and stir until melted and smooth. Cool completely.
- Transfer chocolate chip ice cream to electric mixer bowl and allow it to soften slightly. Add 2 tbls Kahlua and beat on low speed to blend.
- Spread the ice cream over bottom of cooled crust and freeze until firm.
- When the ice-cream in the freezer is firm, remove and spread cooled chocolate mixture over ice cream completely covering it. Freeze this until it is firm.
- Transfer chocolate ice cream to mixer bowl; blend in remaining 2 tbls Kahlua as above.
- Spread chocolate ice cream over sauce in pie. Freeze until firm.
- Decorate with whipped cream and serve.
The Cooklaurakaay Oroville, CA
The Rating4 people
Mmmmm imagine the possibilities....Baileys Irish Cream....Gran Marnier..Hmmmmm..drool,drool...yep!
Sounds great..thanks for sharing!jett2whit in Union City loved it
hey keep up the good grub... you are a true godess to us stoners... yum!demoniksigns in Kenner loved it
Thanks, love Kahlua and oreo cookies. This sounds so good, thanks for the recipe! High 5!dmajor in Slidell loved it