Squash And Eggplant Dip With Pita BreadFrom falafel_fanatic 6 years ago
- 1 pound any yellow summer squash shopping list
- 1 medium eggplant shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons tahini (sesame butter) shopping list
- 2 Tablespoons sesame seeds shopping list
- 1 large garlic clove, minced shopping list
- juice of 1 lime or lemon shopping list
- salt to taste shopping list
- 1 teaspoon olive oil shopping list
- 1/4 cup freshly chopped parsley shopping list
How to make it
- Scrub (don't peel) squash and cut into olive-size cubes.
- Steam squash, drain, cool.
- Lightly mash to a coarse consistency.
- Pour into a serving dish.
- Pierce eggplant skin in at least twenty places with a fork.
- Broil eggplant in a fire-proof pan set about six inches from flame.
- Turn eggplant until uniformly browned.
- (This takes at least 30 minutes.)
- Cool eggplant, slit lengthwise, and spoon out interior pulp into bowl containing mashed squash.
- Combine well and slowly add tahini, sesame seeds, garlic, lemon or lime juice, and salt.
- Chill dip.
- Drizzle cooled dip with olive oil and garnish with parsley before serving.
- This dip keeps well if refrigerated.
- Serve with pita bread or crackers.
The Cookfalafel_fanatic Bardstown, KY
The Rating2 people
Vegetarian Food Lover425 members
Native American Indian Cooking118 members
Bahraini Cuisine13 members
Pakistani Recipes Collection32 members
Moroccan Cuisine20 members
Veggie Chick37 members
Vegetarian Spicy Delights40 members
Halal Creations66 members