Peach CookiesFrom 55to64 7 years ago
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus 2 tablespoons shopping list
- 3/4 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 stick (8 tablespoons) unsalted butter, room temperature shopping list
- 1 cup granulated sugar shopping list
- 1 large egg shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract shopping list
- 2 large ripe peaches, peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch dice (about 1 3/4 cups) shopping list
- 1/3 cup peach jam or preserves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons fine sanding sugar shopping list
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Whisk together flour, salt, and baking soda.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar with a mixer on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy, about 4 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low.
- Beat in egg and vanilla. Add flour mixture, and beat until just combined.
- Add peaches and jam, and beat until just combined.
- Using a 1 1/2-inch ice cream scoop or a tablespoon, drop dough onto baking sheets lined with parchment, spacing about 2 inches apart. Combine sanding sugar and cinnamon. Sprinkle each cookie with 1/8 teaspoon cinnamon-sugar mixture.
- Bake cookies, rotating sheets halfway through, until golden brown and just set, 11 to 13 minutes.
- NOTE: If not baking all of the cookies at once, refrigerate dough between batches; dough can be refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.
- Let cool on sheets for 5 minutes, and then transfer cookies to wire racks to cool completely.