Tangy Creamed Eggplant SauceFrom jo_jo_ba 8 years ago
- 1 1/4 lbs Japanese eggplants, halved shopping list
- 2 heads garlic (about 30 cloves) shopping list
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar shopping list
- 1/4 cup minced parsley shopping list
- 1/2 tsp salt shopping list
- pinch cayenne pepper shopping list
- 1/4 tsp black pepper shopping list
- 2 tbsp fat-free plain yogurt shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Slice the tops of the garlic bulbs off, and wrap in foil.
- Place eggplants (cut side up) and garlic on a baking tray and cook 40-50 minutes, until soft.
- Scoop warm eggplant pulp and squeeze the roasted garlic into a food processor.
- Add remaining ingredients and process until mostly smooth. Add a little water if necessary.
- Serve hot or refrigerate up to 1 week.
The Cookjo_jo_ba Oshawa, CA
The Rating1 people
I love this recipe. It reminds me of my Baba Ganoush that I am making. Great posting!elgab89 in Toronto loved it
Health Food Junkies423 members
On A Budget559 members
Foodies That Follow WWs48 members
Make Your Ingredients222 members
OrganicSustainable Farming Group171 members
Growing Your Own Herbs Vegetables385 members
Gluten Free No Wheat240 members
Eat Light Healthy457 members
Weight Watchers282 members
Cooking For Food Allergies45 members