Fast Shrimp CurryFrom linebb956 8 years ago
- 1/4 c butter shopping list
- 4 c cooked chicken or shrimp shopping list
- 2 c milk shopping list
- 2 c chicken broth shopping list
- 1/4 ts ginger shopping list
- 1 1/2 ts sugar shopping list
- 1 1/2 ts salt shopping list
- 1/4 c flour shopping list
- 1 tb curry powder (or more) shopping list
- 1/2 c Minced onion shopping list
- 1/2 c Minced green and red pepper, mixed shopping list
- 1 ts lemon juice shopping list
How to make it
- Melt butter and sauted onion , green peppers and curry powder in wok.
- Blend in flour and seasonings.
- Cook over low heat till smooth and bubbly.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in broth and milk.
- Bring to boil, stirring constantly, and boil 1 minute.
- Add chicken or shrimp and lemon juice.
- Serve over steamed rice.
- Relishes: raisins, almonds, peanuts, pineapple chunks, chopped hardboiled eggs, crisp bacon bits, sour/sweet pickles, currant jelly, coconut, chutney, sliced avocado.(optional)
- This cooks fast so start your rice first if you are doing regular.
The Cooklinebb956 La Feria, TX
The Rating1 people
I'm going to try this right now! Thanks for the great idea.mbelisle in Suva loved it
I tried this but, as usual, I didn't have all the ingredients. My version (which my family LOVED) included the shrimp, ginger, cumin, coriander and turmeric (no curry powder), ginger, sugar, butter, flour, milk and vegetable broth. I added a bag of f...morembelisle in Suva loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!