Balsamic ButterFrom coffeebean 9 years ago
How to make it
- In a saucepan, combine the vinegar and wine and reduce by half.
- Beat in the butter 1 tablespoon at a time until a thick emulsion develops.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve warm, or chill in a small dish and use like cold butter.
- Source: The Tassajara Bread Book by Edward Espe Brown
The Cookcoffeebean Bern, CH
The Rating1 people
Reminds me of how we made marchand de vin sauce at the restaurant. Except we would add minced shallots to the reduction and then beat into the butter. We would chill it in a log and then slice off pieces as needed. It is a great topper on a grilled...morenotyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!