Oven Barbecued BrisketFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 2 medium shallots, minced shopping list
- 2 cloves garlic, minced shopping list
- 4 teaspoons chili powder shopping list
- 4 teaspoons smoked paprika or Hungarian paprika shopping list
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon shopping list
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano shopping list
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt shopping list
- 4 pounds first-cut brisket (or flat-cut), trimmed of fat shopping list
- 1/4 cup worcestershire sauce shopping list
- 1 14-ounce can no-salt-added diced tomatoes shopping list
- 1/4 cup packed dark brown sugar shopping list
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar shopping list
How to make it
- Combine shallots, garlic, chili powder, paprika, cinnamon, oregano and salt in a small bowl. Rub into both sides of meat. Set the meat in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish, cover and refrigerate for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 2. Pour Worcestershire sauce over the meat. Cover the pan with foil and set aside at room temperature while the oven heats to 350°F.
- 3. Bake the brisket, covered, for 2 hours. Meanwhile, blend tomatoes, brown sugar and vinegar in a large blender or food processor until smooth.
- 4. After 2 hours, pour the tomato mixture over the meat; continue baking, covered, until fork-tender, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes, for about 1 1/2 hours more.
- 5. Remove the meat from the sauce. Let rest for 10 minutes, then slice against the grain. Skim the fat from the sauce in the pan; pour the sauce over the meat and serve (or follow make-ahead instructions).
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating7 people
This brisket recipe looks so good that I'll be making it very soon. Thanks so much for submitting it. High 5!peepers in loved it
Very nicely done. A good oven recipe for brisket is a glorious thing.notyourmomma in South St. Petersburg loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!