Linguine with Pesto and TomatoesFrom sosousme 8 years ago
- 3 quarts water shopping list
- 12 ounces linguine shopping list
- 1/2 cup basil pesto (recipe follows) shopping list
- 2 cups seeded and diced fresh tomatoes, preferably a mix of heirloom tomatoes shopping list
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil shopping list
- 1/4 cup feta cheese shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- basil pesto shopping list
- 2 tablespoons toasted pine nuts shopping list
- 3 large cloves garlic shopping list
- 2 2/3 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves shopping list
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated parmesan cheese shopping list
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice shopping list
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Make the Basil Pesto - Drop the pine nuts and garlic through the food chute of a food processor with the motor running; process until minced, stopping to scape the sides of the bowl as necessary. Stop the machine; add basil, cheese and lemon juice; process until finely minced. With processor on, slowly pour the oil through the chute and process until well blended.
- Meanwhile; bring the water to a rolling boil. Add a large pinch of salt; cook pasta according to package directions. Drain well - reserving 1/2 cup of the pasta water.
- Combine the pesto and pasta in a large bowl; toss well. Use the reserved pasta water to thin as necessary. Add the tomatoes, basil and feta. Toss gently to coat. Adjust seasonings; serve immediately.