Paula Deens Banana Nut Cake With Cream Cheese FrostingFrom cardinal54 7 years ago
- cake shopping list
- butter, for greasing pans shopping list
- 3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more for pans shopping list
- 2 cups sugar shopping list
- 1 teaspoon baking soda shopping list
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon salt shopping list
- 3 eggs, beaten shopping list
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil shopping list
- 4 large ripe bananas, mashed shopping list
- 1 cup chopped pecan shopping list
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract shopping list
- frosting shopping list
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature shopping list
- 1/2 cup butter, at room temperature (1 stick) shopping list
- 1 lb confectioners' sugar, sifted shopping list
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract shopping list
- 1/2 cup chopped pecan shopping list
How to make it
- Butter and flour 3 (9-inch) round cake pans; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- For Cake:
- In a mixing bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt.
- Add the eggs and oil and stir just until the dry ingredients are moistened; do not beat.
- Stir in the banana, pecans, and vanilla.
- Divide the batter among the prepared pans and bake for 23 to 28 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Cool the cake layers in the pans for 10 minutes, and then turn them out onto a rack to cool completely.
- While the cake cools, make the frosting:
- In a bowl, blend together the cream cheese and butter.
- Gradually add the confectioners' sugar and beat until light and fluffy. Beat in the vanilla.
- Stir in the pecans, or reserve them to sprinkle over the frosted cake.
- Fill and frost the cake when it is completely cool.
The Cookcardinal54 Cuthbert, GA
The Rating4 people
Thank you for the recipe.I know that I got to make this for sure.sandygalesmith in Saint Joseph loved it
Sounds really good. I'm off to make it for a dessert tonite. You got my "5". Ruthielittlemissey in loved it
So yummmmmy!!!!jrt_mom in Metro Manila loved it