Beer Brat PastaFrom mountainmama 8 years ago
- 1 lbs. Rigatoni or other medium pasta shape shopping list
- 15 oz. fresh bratwurst shopping list
- 1/2 cup beer shopping list
- 1-1/2 cups low-fat cheddar cheese shopping list
- 2 sweet red peppers, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 1 cup onions, coarsely chopped shopping list
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped shopping list
- 1/2 cup fresh basil shopping list
- 1 tbsp. olive oil shopping list
How to make it
- Preheat oven to 425°F. Mix red pepper, onions, and garlic with 1 Tbsp. of olive oil in 9 x 13 baking dish and roast in oven for 25 minutes; stirring occasionally.
- While vegetables roast, remove casing from bratwurst, crumble and brown in a skillet over medium heat until they are no longer pink and well brown. Remove bratwurst and drain on paper towel. Pour fat from skillet. Add bratwurst and beer to skillet and simmer. Cook pasta according to package directions and drain, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta water.
- Remove roasted vegetables from oven, immediately add bratwurst from skillet, add basil, pasta, 1 cup of cheese and toss to mix thoroughly. If mixture seems too dry, add some of the pasta water to moisten. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top and serve.
- When in a hurry I make it on the stovetop and in a one pan. Except the pasta. I cook it long enough to be done and throw in the pasta then the cheese. This recipes is REALLY GOOD.
The Cookmountainmama Heaven, WV
The Rating7 people
I love different and unique flavors...this recipe qualifies! Better than being different, it sounds really damned good! First good, cool evening and this one is on the table. Thanks...5!crabhappychick in Pittsburgh loved it
This is so good. I'm making this tonight. Once BD see's the beer I'll have a winner here. "FIVE FORKS"greentreefrogs in loved it
- Not added to any groups yet!