Country Chicken with GnocchiFrom sosousme 6 years ago
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil shopping list
- 1 whole chicken, cut into 8 pieces shopping list
- 1/2 cup sliced onion shopping list
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced shopping list
- 1/2 cup diced carrot shopping list
- 1/2 cup peas (fresh or frozen, thawed if frozen) shopping list
- 1 cup dry white wine shopping list
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth, or homemade shopping list
- 1 teaspoon herbes de provence (or more to taste *see note) shopping list
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon shopping list
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste shopping list
- 1 package potato gnocchi shopping list
- *note: herbes de provence is a combination of basil, fennel, lavender, marjoram, rosemary, sage, savory and thyme. You could also substitute bouquet garni. shopping list
How to make it
- Season the chicken well with salt and pepper. In a large skillet, heat the oil over medium-high heat; add the chicken, skin side down, and fry until brown. Turn chicken and add the onion and garlic, saute until softened, about 5 minutes. Add the carrot; sprinkle with salt and pepper, herbes de Provence and tarragon.
- Add the wine and simmer until reduced by half; about 5 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes. Uncover and add the peas; continue to cook 5 minutes longer, or until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to a rolling boil.
- Remove the cooked chicken to a platter; keep warm.
- Add the gnocchi to the boiling water, when they rise to the surface, remove with a slotted spoon; add to the sauce in the skillet; simmer for 2 to 3 minutes, mixing gently with the sauce until well coated. Taste, adjust seasoning and serve along side the chicken.
The Cooksosousme Santa Rosa, CA
The Rating3 people
- Not added to any groups yet!